A guided excursion in the Drowned Land of Saeftinghe has been an unforgettable experience for many visitors. In this large, 36km2 primeval landscape, you will experience a wilderness that is completely unique for the Netherlands and Belgium. Our knowledgeable guides will take you into an otherwise inaccessible part of this nature reserve to tell you about the rich nature and history of the largest brackish marsh of Europe. Highlights of the excursions could include: bubbling freshwater springs, spotting a sea eagle, experiencing drift sand, visiting remnants of an old sheep farm and, of course, numerous panoramic views.
Guided excursions run on a regular basis - see the agenda for scheduled dates and times. Guided excursions are also available upon request for groups and parties – please fill in the request form below.
Given the nature of the terrain and the level of difficulty of these 3-hour excursions, these excursions are not suitable for children under 10 years old, pregnant women, and people with health problems, injuries or heart problems.
Essential Equipment for all Guided Excursions
- Dress appropriately in clothes that can get wet and muddy
- Wear wellies or other footwear that is suitable for mud. People who come with unsuitable footwear, such as flip flops, will be refused on the excursion.
- Bring clean and dry clothing to change into after the excursion.
- When rain is expected, bring a raincoat.
- Bring something to eat and drink.https://saeftinghe.eu/images/agenda/TARIEVEN_2020.pdf